- Rhymes: -aɪə(r)
- Dutch: koper , aankoper , inkoper , klant m|f
- Finnish: ostaja
- French: acheteur
- German: Käufer, Einkäufer
- Italian: cliente, compratore
- Maltese: xerrej (m), xerrejja ((f)), klient , klienta
- Portuguese: comprador
- Romanian: cumpărător , cumpărătoare , client
- Spanish: cliente, comprador
- Swedish: köpare , klient , inköpare , uppköpare
- For a name, see Bayer or Beyer or Beyers.
- For the occupation in the fashion industry, see Buyer (fashion).
When someone gets characterised by their role as buyer of certain assets, the term "buyer" gets new meaning:
A "merchandiser" or buyer is a person who purchases finished goods, typically for resale, for a firm, government, or organization. (A person who purchases material used to make goods is sometimes called a purchasing agent.)
In product management, buyer is the entity that decides to obtain the product.
A buyer's primary responsibility is obtaining the highest quality goods at the lowest cost. This usually requires research, writing requests for bids, proposals or quotes, and evaluation information received.
buyer in Bulgarian: Купувач
buyer in German: Käufer
buyer in Russian: Покупатель